Resolution 726 (1992) Adopted by the Security Council at its 3026th meeting, on 6 January 1992
6 January 1992
The Security Council, Recalling the obligations of Member States under the United Nations Charter, Recalling its resolutions 607 (1988), 608 (1988), 636 (1989), 641 (1989) and 694 (1991), Having been apprised of the decision of Israel, the occupying Power, to deport twelve Palestinian civilians from the occupied Palestinian territories,
1. Strongly condemns the decision of Israel, the occupying Power, to resume deportations of Palestinian civilians;
2. Reaffirms the applicability of the Fourth Geneva Convention of 12 August 1949 to all the Palestinian territories occupied by Israel since 1967, including Jerusalem;
3. Requests Israel, the occupying Power, to refrain from deporting any Palestinian civilian from the occupied territories;
4. Also requests Israel, the occupying Power, the ensure the safe and immediate return to the occupied territories of all those deported;
5. Decides to keep the matter under review.